Calgary Working Papers in Linguistics
Accepting submissions for Volume 33
The Calgary Working Papers in Linguistics (CWPL) is a publication affiliated with the School of Languages, Linguistics, Literatures, and Cultures at the University of Calgary, focusing on contributions in linguistics and related disciplines. Authors at any level of their research careers (undergraduate students, graduate students, post-docs, and faculty) are welcome to submit a paper for consideration for inclusion in Volume 33.
All submitted papers will be reviewed by at least two editors. Please note that publication in the CWPL does not preclude further submission of the same paper to another journal. Submissions must be made electronically by sending an editable Word document version (i.e. .docx & .doc) of the paper to: email@example.com
Submission deadline: Friday, March 1, 2024 (23:59 Calgary (Mountain) Standard Time)
Requirements for submission:
• The first page of the document must include: Title, authors’ name(s), affiliation(s), an abstract of maximum 250 words, and a list of keywords.
• Submissions are restricted to fifteen pages, excluding the first page, references, and appendices.
• Text and examples should be single-spaced, Cambria 12-point font. References should be single-spaced 10-point font. Justify the text and reference list.
• Text margins, except for the first page, should be 2.54 cm (1 inch) on all sides. The first page should have margins of 4 cm (1.57 inches).
• All in-text citations and the references section should be in APA style.
• Only one single-author submission per person will be accepted.
• Multiple submissions with multiple authors will be accepted.
• In addition to original research papers, we also welcome book reviews.
• The authors’ contact information should be on the final page, following the references (and appendices).
A sample style sheet is available at:
Accepted papers will be published in an on-line volume. The last published volume (32)is available at:
The editors reserve the right to return papers for revisions if they do not conform to the content and formatting requirements. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org